Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

In Hispanic culture, Mother's day is celebrated on May 10 every year.  The date does not change like in the United States.  We celebrate it on the same date even if it is during the week.  We have special festivities at school to celebrate that day.  I remember that my teacher would always have us do something for mother's day and since I was not so goot at it, my mother would always helped me.  So I guess she was never surprised by the gifts she got for mother's day since she had made them herself.  Funny huh!!  Anyway, happy May 10th Mother's Day to all the mothers and mothers to be.  Have an awesome day.

2 comments:

  1. I am from Guatemala, and we also celebrate Mother's Day on May 10th. Although, we live in the United States, our family still celebrates Mother's Day on May 10th. We embrace our culture and we enjoy keeping it as it is. Thanks for the post! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did an affective exercise on Mother's Day and asked people to share with the class a memory of their mother. One woman, who is always impeccably dressed and groomed, remembered how much she enjoyed her mom combing her hair for school. Another woman, Carment, over 70 herself, started crying when she related what a sweet person her mother had been and how much she missed her. She died -- 30 years ago, like my mom. The perils of affective exercises.

    ReplyDelete